It has been three months since 0.4.4. I feel a need to summarize things that have happened since December.
First of all I’ll note that I really am not “the developer” anymore; there are people who are more involved in Minetest than me, and I’m mostly trying to keep out of the way doing other projects. Anyhow, I still have a chunk of things I’m responsible for.
Kept I have, an eye on things, enough to post something.
Website-wise, the minetest.net VPS encountered bad problems (later diagnosed to be failing hardware), and we (me and xyz) moved the forum out to forum.minetest.net on xyz’s servers (2013-01-13). The forums are now automatically securely backed up over to me and xyz. The main minetest.net website is now temporarily hosted on c55.me.
xyz made the http://dev.minetest.net wiki, into which the existing Lua API documentation was moved, and later much Core documentation was written too. It now serves as the main source of documentation for developers and advanced users.
Many bugs have been fixed since 0.4.4 and I would have hoped for 0.4.5 to be released a month or two ago, but we have ended up on somewhat a rolling release model with mods already using features from unreleased versions and many people making unofficial Windows builds. We’ll try to make a proper release in a month or so, as/if a more suitable time is found. Until then, daily/unofficial builds (xyz’s, PilzAdam’s, sfan5′s) are recommended and I probably need to update the main site accordingly.
So… after 0.4.4,
- uncountable number of bugs have been fixed,
- some MESE stuff was changed (umm…? well whatever),
- hmmmm/kwolekr has done a lot of mapgen/block loading work,
- RealBadAngel has worked on L-system trees with VanessaE using them in moretrees,
- a favourite/public server list has been added by Jeija (with proller doing some more related stuff),
- Taoki updated the player physics (which I don’t know if I like),
- doserj added UI for disabling/enabling mods, some smaller additions to the API were added;
- then there is sapier’s security modifications.
- And many things (sorry, I can’t in any way remember everything, and these are very much biased towards recent times),
- and the pull request list is pretty long.
I’ve granted thexyz, PilzAdam, darkrose and hmmmm upstream access a couple of months ago, so (yay!) I don’t have to wade through all this myself.
*Screams loudly in order to distract this boring officialness*
So, umm… many things are going well and not many things are going badly. Good it is!
On a completely unrelated note, and as a not really active movie watcher at all, I recently watched all the 6 worthy Star Wars movies, in the order of releases. I completely agree with the IMDB ratings.