The current development version has gone through quite a lot of testing and now it is time to release it as stable. It really is stable now, unlike the previous stable, which really isn’t stable even today. There are problems, of course, but they are known, minor and have workarounds.
Here is an image to make you interested!
This has practically nothing new compared to the previous development build. Here is the changelog:
0.3.0: (released on 2011-11-01)
- Some small fixes
- Modify dungeon masters to only try to shoot players
- Fix object duplication bug at block load/unload
- Improve network layer
- Locked chest
- Server user limit setting (max_users)
- Wielded tool is shown in HUD
- View bobbing
- Saplings that drop from leaf blocks and when placed on ground will grow to trees
- Optimized map saving (does not re-save everything all the time)
- New mob system and new mob: dungeon master
- Death/respawn screen
Compared to the previous stable (0.2.20110922), it contains lots of new things.
Additionally, in this Windows package, the textures have been mostly replaced by Cisoun’s texture pack. Linux users can install it separately, if they wish.
For Windows (XP/Vista/7), download it here: minetest-0.3.0-win32.zip
For other platforms, here is the download page.